- Foundation for Women's Advancement uses the Integral Economic Development method of impact evaluation to identifying partners
- Focus on the whole person, i.e., they view girls and women in an integral manner
- Enable girls and women to discover and live according to their inherent dignity
- Originate and develop locally within communities
- Have a proven record of success and extended community impact
- Command local support, which helps ensure long-term sustainability of the programs
- Require that those who benefit from the program pay part of the cost and give back to their communities.
In addition to funding, the Foundation:
- Strengthens the programs it identifies
- Expands their effectiveness and community impact
- Provides management skills
- Strengthens their institutional procedures for accountability
- Develops international and local cooperation.